Baking

Baking

Tuesday 3 January 2017

Back on track!

Today I've been busy in the kitchen. I seem to spend the majority of my day in the kitchen really! I made a beef stew and dumplings for lunch followed by treacle sponge and cream. No custard today because I needed to use up some single cream. I had my shopping delivered yesterday and the pot had split so I had to use it up quickly. I always put cream in my porridge too. I make it with water and add a little cream when it's cooked. 

Tea was a bit of a use up. I really didn't buy much food at Christmas. We were all poorly before and didn't have much of an appetite. So there's been bits and bobs left over like crackers and twiglets. I added some cheese and apple and pork pie too. Earlier I baked a plain sponge so I filled it with lemon curd and butter icing. 

We love having our cooked meal at lunchtime and a proper tea now. It suits us much better with the children.

I did take photos but my memory is full so I can't show you here now. I must do some deleting! I can post them on Instagram though. I regularly post photos on there. 

That's all for now xx

8 comments:

  1. that sounds like such a yummy meal

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you here. Whats your instagram account?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ilovetobake45
      My account is private though so you'll have to request to follow :)
      Xx

      Delete
  4. Don't blame you keeping it private.
    Requested (nomiesc) :) I loved your previous blog and look forward to this one x

    ReplyDelete